Last updated: 24th February 2022
Chestertons Global is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By continuing to visit www.chestertonsway.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Our nominated data protection representative is Nick Witty and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS
- Explains the rights and choices you have in relation to your personal information.
- Sets out the types of personal information we collect.
- Explains how and why we collect and use your personal information.
- Explains when and why we may share personal information within Chestertons.
- Explains how we protect the personal information we collect.
2. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights:
- To be informed of how your personal data is being collected or processed by us.
- To access your personal data collected and processed by us.
- To request that any inaccurate personal data is rectified.
- To request the erasure of personal data in certain circumstances, where the data is no longer required to be held by us under legal obligation, contractual obligation, legitimate interest or other lawful basis.
- To object to the processing of your data, in certain circumstances, where the data is no longer required to be processed by us under legal obligation, contractual obligation, legitimate interest or other lawful basis. This is an absolute right if you wish to stop your data being processed for direct marketing purposes.
- You also have the right to ask us to cease processing your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com
- If you wish to exercise any of the rights detailed above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will address your request within one calendar month. In the interest of protecting your personal data, we will first ask you for identification before we are able to process your request.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
3.1 Information you give us
You can give us information about you by filling in forms on our website www.chestertonsway.com (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you enter your details for us to contact you regarding our services.
We may collect the following information:
- Your personal details, including your postal addresses, email address(es) and phone number(s).
- Your preferences in the way you receive information and other profiling information.
Chestertons Global uses the WordPress.com website platform which offers a number of features with regard to collecting your information. When you visit our site, the following information may be collected, but not be limited to the following:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet (your geography)
- Your login information
- Pages you viewed or searched for
- Page response times
- Length of visits to certain pages
- Page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs)
- Site search queries
For a full list of all the information collected by our website platform, WordPress.com, as well as Google Analytics please visit: https://automattic.com/privacy
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence in accordance with our retention schedule.
3.2 Information we receive from other sources
We may also use personal information from other sources, such as specialist companies that supply information, online media channels etc. We may collect the following types of personal information about you from other sources; contact details, interests, preferences, or other types of publicly available information.
This personal information helps us to improve and measure the effectiveness and relevance of our marketing communications, including online advertising.
We may be required, by law, to collect personal information about you or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you.
If you choose not to provide your personal information, to be used in accordance with this Policy, you will still be able to visit our platforms but you may not be able to access certain options, services and in some cases we may not be able to fulfil a service you request.
4. USES MADE OF THIS INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
4.1 Information you give to us
We will use this information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. On the basis of legitimate interest we will use this information to:
- Provide you with the information and services that you request from us.
- Provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already appointed us on or enquired about.
- To provide you with information about services we feel may interest you.
- If you do not want us to use your data for the above, please contact us at email@example.com
4.2 Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- For internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness and relevance of advertising we serve to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about services that may interest you.
4.3 Disclosure and recipients of your information
We may share your personal information, where relevant and necessary, with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
4.4 Automated profiling and data sharing
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require aggregate data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers.
5. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
All marketing communications we send to you will provide you with a way to withdraw your consent to future marketing. If you no longer wish to receive promotional materials from Chestertons MENA, you may opt-out from receiving these communications or change your account settings, this will remove you from marketing lists. If you wish to opt out of communications from Chestertons Global you can do so at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. SOCIAL MEDIA
We operate channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with clients. We monitor and record comments and posts made on these channels about us so that we can improve our services.
Chestertons Global is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than information we have posted ourselves. We do not endorse the social media sites themselves or any information posted on them by third parties.
7. RETENTION of DATA
We keep records for as long as required to a) keep you up-to-date with our marketing and services we provide b) personalise the services and communications with you. When deciding how long to keep your personal information after our relationship with you has ended, we take into account our legal obligations and regulators’ expectations.
If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at email@example.com
8. PARTNER NETWORKS
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information which is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and deliver a more personalised service.
As Chestertons Global uses WordPress.com as our website platform, you can check their cookies policy at https://automattic.com/privacy
10. CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
CHESTERTONS 2022 All Rights Reserved